Lucridis distributes basic chemicals and specialties in Switzerland and its catchment area

Monday, 16. July 2018

VMP Chemiekontor GmbH acquired a 60 % majority shareholding in the Swiss trading company for chemicals, natural resources and technology with effect from 31st March, 2018. The remaining 40 % will stay in the hands of Managing Director Hans-Peter Brader and two other employees.

This was preceded by a long informal collaboration, in order to check a possible acquisition between the two companies. "We have used the last year to get to know each other better and the business of the other respective company thoroughly. The decision was then not difficult to make: the two companies have an excellent fit with regard to both their business concept, as well as from their strategic orientation", commented Gerhard Meinel, Managing Director of VMP Chemiekontor GmbH about the acquisition. "Through this merger, I expect us to further extend our market position, especially in the classical chemical market in the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland)".

"Both companies will benefit from the integration in the VMP group. Lucridis will complement the market segments and at the same time contribute valuable know-how and potential in chemical technology. I am delighted about the successful merger", added Hans-Peter Brader, who will also continue to control the Lucridis Distribution AG as Managing Director in future.

It applies for both relatively young companies that their founders and today’s top managers have gained decades of experience in the distribution of chemicals in international conglomerates, before consciously taking a new direction with companies of their own in order to achieve something new in terms of strategic alignment. Flexibility, an attractive portfolio of resources and an uncompromising focus on the customer and service quality are the strengths with which both companies score in the market.



Back to overview